The general objective of the QAU is to promote a quality culture within the higher education institutions in Bangladesh ensuring good practices and governance. The specific objectives are to:
- Guide the universities for establishing institutional quality assurance cell (IQAC);
- Improve the governance and management of academic programs by establishing QA mechanism at individual university level;
- Meet the greater demand for transparency and accountability of universities in Bangladesh;
- Capacity building through providing technical assistance to the universities for effective management of QA process; and
- Ensure good practices for quality assurance in higher education institutions of Bangladesh.